Random rants on a huge variety of (mostly) interesting topics.

Friday, August 12, 2005

Elgoog!

Hey! I don't really know how many of you have heard of this, but there's a site out there called 'elgooG'. Now, if you just cast your mind, you might just realise that the word 'elgoog' sort of rings a bell.
No?
Ok, write elgoog back-to-front. What do you get? Why, "Google", of course!
That's write, 'elgoog' is known as the google "mirror". The homepage of this site is basically the same as Google.com's except for a small difference - everything's back-to-front, just like you were looking at Google Home through a mirror!
I had, of course, thought of putting a screenshot below (incidentally, it's there right now but I'm gonna remove it to give you the full benefit of doubting my word - if i had put it, you'd just say that I'd manually reversed a screenshot of Google).
Oh, and, everything in the search field is ulta (hindi; wrong way round), too. You start typing from the right (big surprise!) - but here's the catch. Suppose I want to search for "Apple Computer", I'll have to type "retupmoC elppA" to get a link to Apple's website! Ha ha!
Ok, so how do you get there? Well, the url is http://www.alltooflat.com/geeky/elgoog/m/index.cgi, but an easier way to reach would be:
1) Go to Google.com
2) Type 'elgoog'
3) Click on "I'm Feeling Lucky"
An you're there!

-- Happy "gnil'elgooG"!

19 Comments:

Blogger [\\Kartikeya//] said...

GOIN TO TRY OUT RIGHT NOW!

2:12 am

 
Blogger blog.sahil.me said...

i've known about elgoog for around 2 years but i only tries it out recently

2:27 am

 
Blogger blog.sahil.me said...

yeah even karky found it confusing :)

2:25 am

 
Blogger [\\Kartikeya//] said...

Yo divyboy, are u even goin to come back to india or u are goin to stay there for the rest of ur life????:( :( :( :(

5:53 am

 
Blogger [\\Kartikeya//] said...

neway, in the first place why did u even go there?

5:54 am

 
Blogger [\\Kartikeya//] said...

NOW DIGVIJAY HAS GOT A POINT!!!!(elgoog-2 yrs and rights now stuff)
LOL

8:48 am

 
Blogger [\\Kartikeya//] said...

OH BY THE WAY WELCOME DIGVIJAY Aka TITAN(with some symbols)-how do ya get those symblos??????

8:49 am

 
Blogger blog.sahil.me said...

@symbols : no big deal start>programs>accessories>system tools>character map> copy and paste!

5:55 am

 
Blogger blog.sahil.me said...

oh by the way......about digvijay's "point" - totally invalid
point is.........i did know that a site called elgoog existed - if u want proof check pg 83 (or summat) of dips diary 2003-2004......its rite there. only i didnt check it.........kept forgetting
digo's just trying 2 assert himself and undermine..........the prat >:-|

@digvijay: you! shut that hole in your face

6:01 am

 
Blogger arjun said...

iv known elgoog for around 2 years but i really never tried it out

3:56 am

 
Blogger blog.sahil.me said...

are you echoing what i said?

5:12 am

 
Blogger [\\Kartikeya//] said...

YEP, HE IS

5:36 am

 
Blogger [\\Kartikeya//] said...

sorry arjun. no offense
by the way, arj really does know about elgoog. call him and he will narrate his long(probably short) story about how he came out to know about elgoog(which is true.)!!!!!
sry once again
:D

8:22 am

 
Blogger blog.sahil.me said...

yet you don't believe me when i tell you that i saw it in the Dips Diary :(

2:44 am

 
Blogger [\\Kartikeya//] said...

I DO. IT IS ONLY THAT I DIDN'T MENTION.
SORRY A MILLION TIMES
:D::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

6:28 am

 
Blogger [\\Kartikeya//] said...

BY THE WAY, THE TEST IS ON WEDNESDAY RIGHT?

6:29 am

 
Blogger blog.sahil.me said...

it's ok......yea its on wednesday-monday timetable......are u coming on monday? i'm not

3:26 am

 
Blogger blog.sahil.me said...

maths

6:30 am

 
Blogger blog.sahil.me said...

cool?
what's cool about a maths test with 3 chapters in the syllabus?

10:27 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home